Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Tikka - Irish deli style - recipe?

Options
  • 27-07-2021 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I’ve had the gra recently for a chicken tikka toasted baguette, just like momma SPAR used to make (I’m not living in Ireland anymore). You know that pink pile of fluorescent deliciousness that you get in most delis back home. It’s not particularly spicy, but a lot of mayo I would say.

I can’t find an exact recipe, and particularly with the pinkness (very important to me. :) )

Would anybody have a recipe along the same lines?

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I would wager you could get a similar effect by stirring "tikka" chopped chicken into mayo, but I haven't tried. I know it's been like that in non-Spar deli counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Tandoori Massala powder and mayonaise will do the trick

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254794428

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thank you both. Very much appreciated! Going to make this for lunch now, so, let’s see how it goes!

Advertisement