Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant women's vaccinated partners not allowed to stay with them in hospitals.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

It’s very clear some of the posters on this thread have neither given birth in Ireland or have heard birth stories from Irish hospitals.

A common theme is that they don’t even tell you that you are getting an episiotomy, or other interventions. The decision is made for you. Now you may argue that it’s best for the baby, but you should at least be given the dignity of been told what the medical team are doing.

A woman needs to recover after giving birth. Many women will of had c-sections, a tear or an episiotomy so they have wounds that required stitches. They are sore and in some cases weak from blood loss and of course exhausted. Many will need help to get out of bed to go to the loo no mind trying to pick up their newborn baby. Do people in this thread really think midwives are running around helping new mothers care for their babies. Because that in all honesty is not the experience that any mother I know has experienced.

We all know Ireland has a good record when it comes to maternal mortality, however I think there is room for improvement when it comes to the amount of women with birth injuries.

I personally hope when I give birth in a couple months that my partner can be there for the whole labour and allowed in for more then a couple minutes afterwards. We have paid for private scans for this pregnancy before the hospital scans so that I wouldn’t be in a position of receiving bad news on my own and having to tell him. Thankfully things are looking good so far with our baby. We are lucky that we could afford to pay for those scans. Not every couple can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

Very well said. I wish you all the best for your new arrival. Hopefully your partner will be allowed in by then.

Advertisement