Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Android App - Request-Uri Too Large Error Loop

• 27-07-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Myself and My wife using Galaxy S20 FE, last two days AIB android app wants to do security update and it is always opening a page on the phone that says " Request-Uri Too Large, The requested URL's Length exceeds the capacity limit of this server", and not letting us use the app or internet banking, I have tried many things such as re-installing app, play store, update phone, rest phone, make sure chrome is the default browser, time and date is set to auto-update as suggested on the AIB support pages, but still cannot pass this security loop, it looks alike that their app is generating too long URL for their Apachie servers set to receive limited characters.

I have notified the Aib support line via Facebook but no result yet,

Anyone having the same problem or fixed it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

I had a similiar issue. I force closed the app and the issue has not come back. I'm not sure if this means the app has silenced the update or if some Play store update has overridden it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SecondLife

I have tried forcing it stop before logging in, after logging it, re-install and do the same things etc.. nothing works, still it is going to a page on the phone that says " Request-Uri Too Large, The requested URL's Length exceeds the capacity limit of this server",

Thank you for reply,

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Yep. I have the same problem for the last couple of days. Contacted AIB by phone today and was told that it is a known issue and should be fixed in the next couple of days.

Thank you Aleon, I got the same answer from Facebook support this evening. I hope they will notify us when they fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Seems to be fixed now. My app is working as normal again.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it is fixed now, they informed me from Facebook. The app is passing security checks ok now.

Advertisement