Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

They have really shot themselves in both feet with this one.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hotrodder

Wonder who the senior minister is that leaked the info

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I can't get my head around the ineptitude of senior FG party members defence of this debacle. Whilst no doubting it's difficult to defend the indefensible, Leo & Co had become quite adept in mobilising their Social Network spin team into action whenever FG hit choppy waters . Every attempt thus far has fallen flat and borders on embarrassing.

Larry Donnelly, normally sensible and coherent wrote an article in the Journal yesterday and my god it was a lesson in journalistic clutching at straw's and rightly lambasted for its stupidy.

I'd be astonished if this appointment goes ahead, next week should be interesting.

There's 4 people at the centre of this decision

Leo Varadkar, Scrambling to Deflect

Simon Coveney, Digging a Deeper hole if that was even possible

Paschal Donohoe, up to his neck in sticky Buns after his cosy meeting with Katherine prior to this appointment.

Katherine Zappone, whatever about her qualifications, abilities, it's pretty clear she lobbied on her own behalf.

I just wondered how no one in FG thought this would not create a whiff of cronyism, it's extraordinary.

Larry Donnelly, absurd article link attached, try not to giggle too much, especially at the Article Header 🙄😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Who is the leaking minister then?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. Only FF and FG reps have been caught doing it fraudulently.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I don't know, its not been Leaked 😂😂😂, yet!!!!!

Still awaiting that to be Leaked 😂, Leo's working on it as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

How ironic the guy that is under criminal investigation for leaking confidential documents is now looking at who is leaking from the cabinet? Maybe he should look in the mirror for a suspect.

Thats not true though. Only FG and FF have been caught on dodgy expenses

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

My money is on that plonker from greystones being the leaker

• Advertisement

Larry Donnelly is married to RTE's Eileen Whelan. Overseas Territory of the Democractic Party in action. As an aside, I wonder about this Donnelly chap and his platform on the Journal. As a matter of course, the alphabet agencies use overseas-based academics to keep the natives on message and for identification and assessment of potentially useful/hostile individuals coming through the university system. Not to be trusted.

Terry Pratchet

You'd imagine this summer should been a stroll for the government,between vaccines (great turnout by teenagers yesterday btw),slight reopening again,increased crowds for all irelands etc

Then FG decide to go and try push this stunt through,and revel what they mean by a return to normality....cronism and corruption as per usual

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rocjohn

KZ served as an Irish minister and would have required Irish Citizenship swearing loyalty to this State.

I understand she was born in the USA and was (is) a citizen of the USA. Dual citizenship is incompatible if serving as a government minister, for example if KZ as an Irish minister had met and dealt with her American counterparts whilst remaining a US citizen this could in extreme terms be characterised as being a double agent.

The Taoiseach stated she is living in the US at the moment. I am unaware of any special skills she has that would justify the US authorities granting her a visa to live there unless of course she is still a US citizen. Boris Johnson had to relinquish his American citizenship to serve in the British government.

If she is living in the US by dent of being a US citizen then who is she really working for? why is the Irish government giving her a 'Digout' when she could nt even be bothered to be present in Ireland for the appointment.

For someone who has played identity politics in this country as her main card ,then using divided national loyalties (if this is the case,holding US citiizenship) to gain the system at our expense and for her gain,then this is in my view real ,cynical racism .

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Sunday Indo is almost too funny . There are only 4 possible leakers. I doubt it’s Simon or Pascal - lol . So that leaves Leo or Simon. - mmmn your pick !!

One of whom is a known leaker and sh1t-stirrer🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Simple Simon Harris is number 1 suspect

Simon H, probably bitter he wasn't invited to the party, he hates to be left out, hence his new ministerial role as Minister for anything that gets a good sound bite 😁 he's insufferable at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Well FG and the government only have themselves to blame when the let Varadkar off. All coming back to bite them now.

She became an Irish Citizen in 1995, I can't say if she has Duel citizenship albeit I don't believe the US permits that "officially", open to correction but you do raise a good point 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This entire appointment is totally wrong and just shows that corruption is still alive and well in Irish politics and that one party is as bad as any other at it. Nothing is changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

you've two groups that have created an argument - the SF/IRA group with people like yourself who just argue against everything for the sake of it. (I really don't see why you don't get paid for your sf/ira shilling as you are doing it for 8-10 hours a day)

and the homophobic groups who detest any gay person doing anything.

Then you have those who don't realise that these two groups are here and believe the rubbish spouted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's how I'm reading these less than subtle inferences.

https://twitter.com/timmydooley/status/1421439439860084739?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’m in neither of the above groups yet I find it totally wrong and believe it stinks of corruption and cronyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This 'shill' who has said that the 'cartridge' incident you are so desperate to deflect to (predictably) was a form of corruption and abuse of the trust and power vested in a TD...that 'shill'?

Not for the first time with you guys, the fantasy(mis-representation and lies) doesn't match the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

She seems to be a resident of the USA at the moment, or at least she's spending so much time in the US that she will be taxed there, not here. She also has her house on the market meaning that she may quit here entirely (also possibly downsizing or selling as the memories with her former wife may be too difficult). Either way I think she's just going to use the role as a form of stepping stone in her career in the UN.

Someone above mentioned citizenship. Both the USA and Ireland allow dual citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

The question is how much more corruption and cornyism is going on without our knowledge. The scary thing about all this is that the main focus on the coalition is to find out the leaker....punish them so it doesnt happen again....leave them free to carry on with their corrupt ways. this countries gone to ****

That's an excellent, subtle Dig, Simon H will be like a child all week who's rattler has fallen out of his pram 😁, no doubt his PR team are already working on some new obscure announcements on grants, handouts to deflect. Harris is not just the Minister for everything, he's also minister for good news (deflection) announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Feature of the power swap down the years - go for the whistle blower first and see if it can be denied/brushed under the carpet/covered up first.

We're at that stage now.

• Advertisement

Have to laugh a lad banging on about ink cartridges in a thread about katerine zappone,complaining about deflection🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement