Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sounds like something a republican would have said in the trump era banging on about deep state etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I see on the RTE website, MM claiming, government documents will clear up the Zappone affair 🙄

I don't ever recall a wink and a nod arrangement being "documented ", was MM Not listening when Coveney admitted to deleting messages (good luck tracing or finding them)

I'm intrigued as to what "mysterious government documents that apparently have just been magically found" is MM referring too 🤔🤔,

I smell more Shenanigans incoming

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is a good outcome in terms of the next GE. Coveney survives due to the wagons being circled yet again and FF leading the circling yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don’t give two dams about the Zappone affair

Did you misread this thread title?

Clearly not 😁 or check their spell checkers working 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Great recap of the whole saga here, basically FG are mocking Michaél, and FF members are getting sick of it.

I personally think Simon, unless he has something to kill this off by Tuesday is finished,

I'm just a tad perturbed at MM announcing Government documents will clarify the Zappone affair, seems last week no one had anything to offer by way of FOI requests, where has this presumably new documentation come from 🤔, perhaps the tooth fairy. I'm perhaps being cynical (not difficult at this stage) but I sense a strong stink in the air developing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

You’re right Francie. Lookit I know you want to keep talking and talking about this as if there’s no other serious issues to be dealing with. So off with you. However there is no excusing the hate campaign on twitter and its dangers no matter who the individual is.

It wasn’t a ‘poor Leo’ post, I was actually incredibly annoyed at the Government & their Covid response + looked for alternatives. What I found wasn’t pretty & utterly disappointing. Good day to you & your fellow posters. Enjoy discussing at length the what Leo might do next, riveting stuff. And how can can you pin something on him + keep discussing it at length for the next few months. After all there are no other serious issues to discuss. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

So we had the crony job Zappone offered herself. The two lads not telling Martin.

Then they rolled out the AG to cover Varadkar on the Merrion event.

Then Coveney and Varadkar say Varadkar didn't know and Zappone didn't lobby and then Varadkar releases texts proving both he and Coveney are liars.

Then Coveney says he deletes texts to save memory. Then he says he does it because he was hacked. Then all the FG boys and girls say that's prudent considering he is foreign affairs/ defence. Then it turns out 'if' he was hacked, he told nobody in authority and it never made the news.

When are these two clowns going to walk? Martin 'putting the country first' my arse.

• Advertisement

You're not obliged to post here, hell, you're not even obliged to read the feckin thread. If it doesn't interest you - scroll past it FFS.

if I remember correctly, you were all over the leak story in a similar manner, advocating for people to essentially "turn a blind eye" because "there's a pandemic" I asked then, and I ask again. Why do you think the laws of the land should be disregarded just because of a pandemic, Brexit or any other convenient side step?

Btw, there's a Twitter user who pretty much spouts the same stuff you do here almost word for word.

I repeat, you're not obliged to post, or even read the thread if you don't want to, but you're on the road to nowhere trying to quash this being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Funny how when the shoe was on the last year FF did FG's bidding and sacked 2 ministers.

Good luck. Hope you find something of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

I’m not obliged to post here but an echo chamber sometimes needs an outside perspective. Anyway enjoy the next chapter of the Leo did this / that and the other.

Imagine there’s a twitter user that isn’t a Sinn Fein bot - goodness me. Paddy Cosgrave needs to be called in quick to pay or offer rewards for more ‘information’ on Leo. Such is the desperation to keep a non story going. Honourable stuff from our resident tax evader. I’ll leave ye to carry on now.

I'd wager a good bit that if you did a word count of this thread 'Coveney' would win hands down.

It's not all about Leo you know!

Actually, far from an "echo chamber" is what anyone is wanting, indeed robust debate is actually encouraged here, but the thing is, none of your posts in the thread are actually discussing what went on here, you're just indulging in claiming it's "pick on Leo time" and suggesting people should be worrying about other things, and turning a blind eye to this sort of cronyism, lies and possible illegalities.

I'm well up for your defence of what went on here, (assuming you'd bother your barney trying to defend it) but this whinging about "poor Leo" and people need to move on is tiresome. You'll not stop people discussing it, no matter what you think.

Well done on the Shinner and Cosgrave buzzword bingo though.

Robust debates in the shinner or government threads

Lol is that what you call it 🤣🤣

Its a few Mar dhea angry posters talking amongst themselves most of the time

You're welcome to add your input anytime you like marine, you can polish a turd at your leisure, but it'll still be a turd no matter how you polish it.

You've a bit of a habit of going AWOL anytime fg are landed in it, which lets face it, there's no shortage of examples of that happening.

Your lack of defence or "robust debate" with this clusterfcuk is noted though.

Simon very,very shy at the Naval ceremony earlier, no comments, statements, even a wink at Journalists, instead the bizzare and embarrassing spectle of MM defending him, I'd day Barry Cowan in particular epileptic with rage watching that spectle along with other FF TD's, there'll be fire works at the upcoming FF think in, let's hope one of the activities is not paint balling, it could get messy 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

You can't have a robust debate when what is being debated is indefensible that's the problem that the government supporters have so instead of trying to defend the government we get the stock responses like nothing to see here, Varadkar is being bullied, where is the anger today, etc, all put out there to just stifle debate or from others arguing over dots on i's or crosses on t's just to deflect. There would be more respect for the government and their supporters if they held up their hands and said yeah look mistakes were made with the job offer and process wasn't followed and we are withdrawing the offer and this would have all went away. Instead all we get is FG arrogance and this impression that they shouldn't be questioned and that we all should just accept this. You can bet your last cent that if FG were in opposition they would screaming blue murder over stuff like this like they did before they got into government.

• Advertisement

Evidently you don't get why non believers in your kind of spin don't bother with you

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Michaél Martin on the news earlier, defending Simon Coveney, in comparison with his he shafted Cowen and Calleary would absolutely sicken you to watch. I'll most never vote for the party again in my life, seeing what they've become, little more than lackeys for Fine Gael, it's disgusting to see.

On the Zappone appointment, hard to see how Coveney will escape from this, Leo is after absolutely throwing him under the bus, he released those series of texts at the very same moment Coveney had just left on a journey abroad, he knew exactly what he was doing (even if he accidentally revealed his own lies in the process)

Cronyism. Lies. FOI rules broken (I would not be surprised if there has been legislation broken here by him actually)

Will Simon still be minister come Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You know what I actually almost feel sorry for Darragh o'Brien and his Housing plan. He spent the best part of a full year preparing the his 10 year masterplan and then on his big day to launch it when he is supposed to be the no.1 news story along comes Fine Gael and their cronyism to dominate the airwaves. Poor Daragh cant catch a break.

I say I only almost feel sorry for him because his housing plan that he spent a year working on is yet another crock of sh1te. We need to build 50,000 houses a year to get prices under control but the best Darragh could muster is 33,000 a year and even then half of those are at the whim of developers and whatever they feel like doing. FFG have really fcuked a whole generation of young people twice now, the last time they had to emigrate because there was no jobs and this time theyre having to emigrate again because none of them can afford a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What it should tell every politician in Ireland..... Zappone calls, you can’t talk, you tell her fûck all aside from your email address.

when she emails you looking for a favor, job, position...your PA on your behalf...

Dear Ms Zappone,

at this juncture we have other suitably qualified people in mind, but thanks for volunteering, it’s appreciated.

best wishes,

K. Smith (on behalf on An Taoiseach)

the non direct reply for a suitably positioned civil servant , keeping her at arms length..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Leo must have dropped those screengrabs and got on a flight straight away over to the UK if the picture on twitter is to be believed. Having a good root around.

Jesus, Leos neck is hardly that brass is it? I would find that astonishingly arrogant if it's true tbh.

But one of the replies to the tweet suddenly has me reminded in something.....

Silver bullet security blanket time again....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Agreed but you forgot to mention that another tool of the FG 'Nothing to see here' brigade' is that when they are truly desperate and have no way of defending the indefensible they will then come out with the homophobia accusations against any poster on here validly criticising Varakdar. It is as predicable as the sun rising in the morning.

The irony being of course that Fine Gael as a party stood over homophobia for decades in this country when they handed the keys of the country over to the Catholic Church. Fine Gael were absolutely fine with gay and lesbian people being made into criminals for their sexuality, there wasnt a word out of them about it and they were full square behind discrimination against gay people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement