Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving charger for external insulation

• 27-07-2021 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone here any experience of moving their charger to have external insulation installed and what the cost would be? I have a wallbox and isolator on the gable end of the house and want to keep it where it is but on the external insulation.

Thanks,

Griff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The ewi installer's should do some of the with for you. A timber block is generally mounted to the wall which your charger can then be mounted to. This block is then plastered over flush. You'll need to organise electrician to remove then rewire the charger.

I wouldn't advocate any ewi fixings as the charger is an often used item and cable has weight. The block method is used for satellite dishes and outside taps for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks Lister, that's very helpful. They didn't seem to mention it as a problem at the time and I had a conversation with him about electric cars while standing next to it. Just hoping it doesn't add massive cost to the job. The Wallbox isn't the daintiest of chargers either!

Advertisement