Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

you do gain a year though and when normal service resumes on depreciation that first year is the most expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭eltoastero

Selling a car in the first year will cost you the most in terms of depreciation. The depreciation difference between a 4 year old car and a 5 year old car won't be as large as the depreciation difference between a 1 year old car and 2 year old car. So I'm not really concerned about depreciation right now (as I want to hold onto the car for a number of years, and it's probably holding it value quite well seeing as you can't actually buy it right now).

"normal service" could be many many years away. Chip shortage etc is one part of it, manufacturers focusing on more expensive models is also pushing the prices up across the board and maintaining used car values, so knowing what will be hit hardest by depreciation in X years is total guesswork.

I wouldn't be trading in my one year old EV6 in an attempt to beat depreciation. The only reason I'd consider trading it in would be to change to the AWD version (not the mental GT) but the AWD GT Line is fairly rare in the UK and non-existent here.

But if you're considering getting the Ioniq 6 next year, it looks great, and you'll probably get a good price for a 1 year old EV6 Earth model anyway.

Anyone thinking of swapping from EV6 to Ioniq 6 is wasting their money IMO. You lose practicality of large hatchback boot and gain nothing in specs and performance

Except for an extra year and an estimated 60km extra range

But if you're considering getting the Ioniq 6 next year, it looks great, and you'll probably get a good price for a 1 year old EV6 Earth model anyway.

Exactly and because of the low availability and the 5K grant (assuming still available), you could conceivably sell the EV6 for the price of a new IONIQ 6

Q1. Would you do it for a no money difference - straight swap

Q2. If above not available how much is the extra year and an estimated 60km extra range worth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭eltoastero

Personally I wouldn't swap an EV6 for an Ioniq 6, I much prefer the styling of the EV6 and the interior of the EV6.

I actually prefer the looks of the Ioniq 5 more than the Ioniq 6, so I'd be more likely to swap the EV6 for an Ioniq 5 (now that the Ioniq 5 comes with a 77.4kWh battery). But you know, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭carsfan2

first drive. looks great to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I personally think the ioniq 5 is the best and most innovative looking car in years. Pure class.

But oh my god that ioniq 6 is ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have to disagree. I think The Ionic 5 is so dull but the Ionic 6 has style and class.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭CFC007

Will we get the first edition here? More details 24th Oct. No mention on the Hyundai ireland website which isn’t promising.

https://mobile.hyundai.co.uk/ioniq6-first-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BuckoA51

Nothing for Ireland regarding the Ioniq 6 for now, I spoke to Hyundai in Carlow a couple weeks ago when they were fixing a fault on my Ioniq PHEV and they had no ETA at all from Hyundai.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

amazing how different views can be, how anyone can call the Ioniq 5 “ dull “ is beyond me, if it’s dull , what word describes the ID4 or Skoda Enyaq

that Ioniq 6 does nothing whatsoever for me , looks like they were trying to make it look like a Tesla

• Advertisement
    Ms

it’s dull , what word describes the ID4 or Skoda Enyaq.

I would say the ID3 and ID4 look like big fat blops but that the Skoda Enyaq is the stylish, classy car for the thinking person.

Yes looks are subjective. The I5 will probably age great but I stand by my opinion that its dull very dull both inside and outside.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The Ioniq 5 is quirky and distinctive in my view , I’m not saying anyone has to like it but “ dull “ is a peculiar description of it

The inside of the Ioniq 5 is indeed rather uninspired and doesn’t really marry with the exterior

the Skoda Enyaq is conservative, it’s obviously a very good EV but it’s too uninteresting in my view

First edition uk Hyundai Ioniq 6 price and specs revealed

All-new electric saloon car

Minimalist, futuristic design

Up to 320 miles of range

325hp and 605Nm of torque

All-wheel-drive only to start with

Interior borrows from Ioniq 5 SUV

Available to reserve from November

Prices start from £54,995

https://www.carwow.co.uk/hyundai/news/4681/hyundai-ioniq-6-ev-electric-car-price-specs-release-date#gref

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I would call the Ioniq 5, ID4 and Enyak as all dull. The Ioniq 6 is not out to look like a Tesla, it's shaping for COD and efficiency given range is King and really has little choice for looks, I like it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Likely to end up at €65K when they turn up here. Can’t see folks paying that for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks as though it will be priced a bit cheaper than the Model 3 Long range, with a bit less range and performance, but still 4 wheel drive. Probably a less powerful 2 wheel drive version after launch that will probably squeeze in under grant price and compete with the Model 3 RWD.

Ms

I can. Maybe not as many as might have been if prices and inflation had not gond up in the last year or so but there will still be some who will happily buy it.

Not so long ago even Kia dealers would not have imagined that people would pay 50k or more for a Kia but they do. So 65k for a Hyundai is not really much more if they have it, are not badge snops and like the car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

To me it just looks weird, a strange mish mash of design cues that just don't gel together. Plus 20" wheels with rubber bands for tyres .. does it come with a free subscription to a chiropractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fully Charged have a hands on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 BuckoA51

65k EUR yowch, I was hoping for a little less than that, might have to continue on with my PHEV until I can get a nearly new one at that rate, shame I love the car so far and I would love to go full electric. I'll probably still give it a test drive but for the miles I do realistically it's not going to pay for itself even with solar at the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thats the top of the range, big battery, AWD version.

They're saying the pricing should be 8n line with the Ioniq 5 for the other specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Any idea when we'll see pricing and spec for Ireland on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Looks like the UK will only receive 77kwh battery and start from 47k GBP. Still radio silence on the Irish price and spec.

They might just get here under the grant if it’s still here when they bother to put a few on a boat to Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like the press embargo's lifted today. Lot's of YouTube video's on the Ioniq 6 released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I contacted Hyundai Ireland about the Ioniq 6 in late December and they referred me to my local dealer who said the end of this year so a 2024 car!

It appears to be available in the UK from March so I think we should surely get it around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

looks dreadful, even the id4 is more appealing. Ioniq 5 is far better looking

A few brand new Ioniq 6 models have been spotted on a car transporter on the M8 bound for Dublin. Some Dealers getting one for the showroom in a few weeks but still no pricing or info on availability. Hyundai Ireland definitely not going to rush this one. UK have them available already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In my case around 7:45am yesterday I saw a car transporter heading west/south along the M7, it was before the M7/M8 interchange so can't be sure which direction it was heading. Definitely one black one on the lower level on the very back, maybe more but I saw it and thought "didn't think they were even production ready".

I saw 6 Hyundai transporters on the move. Mainly Kona and Ioniqs so presume a recent Korean arrival. One other was a Kia Sportage delivery, another some used cars and the other transporter was full of X5s.

Advertisement