Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspex cut to size in Limerick?

• 28-07-2021 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I would appreciate a pointer to who could supply Perspex cut to size anywhere in or around Limerick. I could find a supplier in Meath but the delivery charge is a bit steep and I'd rather just pick up locally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Stephenc66

Try Duggan Glass & Mirror, Roches street, Limerick, Ireland. Tel: +353 (0) 61 414133

http://www.dugganglass.com/plastics.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Chance CHL engineering on the Galvone Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Limerick Glass, Atlas Avenue, Dock Rd, Limerick, Ireland

Phone: +353 61 410829

Email: info@limerickglass.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^Not if my life depended on it would I use that Crowd again. They couldn't even cut a simple rectangle in glass for a door, and then managed to split the beading to hold it in place. Charged me €80 for the privilege, and I eventually sorted it myself for €14. Fairly sure they don't do perspex anyway (unless they simply buy it in from Co. Meath 😉)

OP, I need to make perspex Car windows at least once a year for Motorsport. I always buy from Access Plastics (365plastics.ie) as I haven't found better prices elsewhere. I have tried practically every Glass Supplier in Limerick without success.

It is fairly easy to cut and shape the perspex with a jig-saw....with some insulating tape stuck to the base-plate to avoid any scratches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

As mentioned above it easy to cut. Any builders provider (co-op in Raheen, heitons on dock road) will have it in small sheets that you can cut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Try CHL engineering on the Galvone Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

After Limerick Glass quoted me 300+ Euro for the size I needed, I got a 1800x1200 mm sheet of 4 mm Perspex from Chadwicks for 100 Euro. It is a bit smaller than what I wanted but I'll just plug the difference with a bit of ply. Not going to look like a royal palace, but should do. And if anyone saw a car going down the M20 with an open boot and a sheet of Perspex sticking out that was me :)

Advertisement