Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a discussion

Options
  • 28-07-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭

I keep on getting umpteen notifications on a thread and cannot now see how to leave it like i did before.

How can this be done with this new look as not found out how to not follow it anymore.

Maybe its there or coming soon.

Cheers.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

You may have done this already but, if you click into edit profile, you can set notifications to on or off.

However I have read various posts saying that this (like many other things) is not working consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭greasepalm

But the issue is been looked into via staff members but its when i get into the forum i see 20 notifications from RS and as others which is been looked into.

Old site you could leave the discussion by clicking on a link on that thread but its not there.

All my old links are gone and now to find them again.

When i say notifications asnot the ones for email but to alert me of an answer to a question.

It failed to say i had an answer to my question posted and no notification on my Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The notifications are a bug from the last downtime. Even if you set all your preferences to off you'll get them.

I get loads for access to the soccer forum and a Lego forum, I've never been in either.

It's a bit like Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ahh i got a notification from here lol.

It was only a few that i had a chat on and wanted to leave after many many answers.

One step at a time then cheers.

Advertisement