Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dusty Hill RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Very sad news.

What a shyte day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm going to have to get me some cheap sunglasses to hide my upset! That Little ol' band from Texas were a classic act. Steadfast and classic rock from their early blues days to MTV domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Really sad news. They were a brilliant band. They can't continue now, it just wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

sad to hear of his passing,great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah damn RIP

Only watched the episode of King Of The Hill where he was revealed to be Hank Hills cousin

ZZ Top a band I never saw live and never will now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Maybe not with Dusty Hill but it seems they are going to carry on. One of my favourite bands for decades I waited a very long time to see and then saw them twice in a couple of years recently. Brilliant live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I heard one of their techs who has been with them for years is going to take over. I think It was Dusty's suggestion.

Legendary band.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

he's not dead, he's just catching some ZZs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I hope they have 'cheap sunglasses' wherever he is now. Great band.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And funky too, RIP Dusty, caught them on the Eliminator tour in 1984 in Glasgow, incredible gig. Their customised Ford Coupe was held in guidelines extending from above the Glasgow Apollo's balcony and cruised over the audiences heads during the gig.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would it be the same though with just one of the lads what the big beard left

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Rest in Peace Dusty!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember I bought Tres Hombres on CD about ten years ago, looking through the booklet I was confused, who are these clean cut young lads and where are the fellas with the beards, I listened to some of their eighties albums, not mad on the synths or the production, Delirious is a tune though.

Advertisement