Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2021/2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

That certainly looks a lot deeper on the latest runs, ARPEGE was very strong earlier but has rowed back a good bit since, UKMO looks very strong but ECM probably about average of the models atm, have posted over in the under 120 hrs chart thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The cold wind cuts like an icy knife. Any element of north bites. It will ease and raise the temperature tonight as it leaves that northerly attribute , SW is kinder.

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Kerry

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Very windy Sunday afternoon, evening and for a time on Sunday night (southerly winds veering westerly later). Some severe gusts are possible and this may lead to some fallen trees.

Valid: 15:00 Sunday 12/12/2021 to 23:00 Sunday 12/12/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I see the met office have out a warning for this for NW Scotland. 80 to 85mph gusts and potentially above 90mph.

That warning for the 4 counties sounds like it could potentially be upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Incredibly mild in Cork today. 14 degrees, you’d get away with a T-shirt.

• Advertisement

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Southerly winds veering westerly will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65km/h with gusts of 90 to 110km/h with stronger winds expected along coasts and on higher ground. Some fallen trees and power outages are possible.

Valid: 15:00 Sunday 12/12/2021 to 23:00 Sunday 12/12/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Dull but mild in Dublin today, I like these respites from the horrible cold that we get, didn't even need gloves on the bike today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Windy evening. Bellmullet top gust thus far 109kmh. Mean speed 78kmh almost red criteria(80)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very windy this evening but today was very mild particularly earlier on when the wind was fairly light.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ascophyllum

Fairly calm the last hour on the west coast but inland stations now recording very high gusts, Athenry, Claremorris, Dinner recording gusts 80-90, did the system move more east than expected?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So mild here today in north Dublin. Felt like I would have left the jacket at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

A few strong gusts an hour or so ago but gone calm again here in West Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

A fairly wild evening in Kildare with high gust of 70kmh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I didn't wear a jacket today either on my walk. Saw several people in shorts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tony Manero

Some were just shopping in the supermarket, Others were walking or running.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

does this just go in the bag of random guesses?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely cool evening earlier here in kerry with fog forming as the temperature dropped in the calm airs.

1.6C now

Pic 16.45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭lolie

The Geminid meteor shower peaks tonight,one of the best of the year.

Despite the hazy skies here and the fairly bright moon I seen several nice bright meteors while putting out the bins.

Wrap up if heading out though, white frost out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tom_Crean

Tomorrow we'll be 1/6 through winter. The first 1/6 would statistically be the least likely time to see snowfall.

See what the next 5/6 brings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

The calm after the storm continues. It was so mild today in Greystones, even felt a bit warm sitting out. I was thinking in the evening on my run that it was must be one of the driest years in a long time for the east coast, let alone one of the mildest. A week to Christmas and just about into jackets/hoodies is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This day 11 years ago, also a Friday, we got the first proper snowfall in Cork City of that bad winter of 2010 - it started on my way home from work around 5pm....by that evening I was looking out my living room window at cars rolling back down the hill as the snow pelted down.....will never forget it....could it happen again? 😀

A cloudy calm morning here in Castlebar. Not alot else happening

Status Yellow Fog Warning issued

Affected regions: Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Meath, Offaly, and Westmeath

Valid from: 9pm Saturday 18/12/2021 

Valid to: 12pm Sunday 19/12/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Still waiting on the first air frost of the season here, previously latest date was December 17th in the 10 years I've been recording.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Accumulating, severe, bitter, entrenched, deep, blizzard, unprecedented, drifts, streamers.

Words i want to hear frequently this winter : )

Gin blue sky in Arklow all day

High of 9.7c

If it stays clear,we'll have the frost

Currently 6.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

We've had gin blue skies all week here in Dublin bar today, grim and foggy today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Anyone else in the NW having intermittent dropouts with Saorview? I assume it's the weather affecting it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I noticed that too. Thought the TV was on the blink. Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement