Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft hire Dublin area

Options
  • 29-07-2021 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a relatively recent CPL holder who is interested in doing some GA flying around the Dublin/Leinster area. From googling I see a number of schools and clubs in the area but I'm not sure which ones are active and accepting new pilots. Does anyone have any recommendations for me, I'd be looking to do an hour or two every couple of months so would favour a hire situation over getting deeply involved with a club. I see lots of places advertising self hire on the UK but almost none here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

My understanding of the insurance setup in Ireland is that clubs are generally the way to go. The memberships tend to be low enough in the scheme of rentals from what I've seen. I'm a PPL student so I could be wrong on some of this, hopefully someone more experienced will also reply.

I'm in https://funfly.ie/ who have very good airplane availability and a great bunch of people. They have just moved to Clonbullogue airfield, so a longer runway, less than an hour from Dublin (depending on where in Dublin you are), and class G airspace. The Savannah's do get air born in ~100m without much effort and are all basically brand new. Really can't recommend them enough.

Advertisement