Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Switched and Lost My Mobile Number

Options
  • 29-07-2021 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

All,

I ordered a phone as part of a switching deal. Due to some "technical issues" Vodafone couldn't deliver the phone, but charged me and switched my number.

The managed to screw up the whole order and even my name doesn't match so I can't validate/verify to get my number back and they aren't releasing the number back to my old provider citing GDPR. It's nearly a week since this happened and I am without my number.

I have been in contact with customer care multiple times, emailed escalations (escalationsonline@vodafone.com) who respond with an auto reply stating to contact Customer care. I also emailed their CEO(anne.oleary@vodafone.com), with all the details and correspondence. The result is for all to see, nothing resolved!

I contacted COMREG who stated that they have to wait for 10 days.

Can anyone suggest a quicker resolution to get back my number?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Comreg can also step in and might knock a few heads together

• Registered Users Posts: 4 voda.rogues

I contacted the original provided who stated that the port was already confirmed and Vodafone need to release it back which they aren't doing.

Comreg has opened a case but I need to wait at least 10 days since my first complaint. So that's at least 10 days without my mobile number!

I can't understand how Vodafone ported the number when they didn't deliver the phone or sim! I told them that's illegal and they said there is nothing illegal as permission was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Yep, Vodafone network is the best in Ireland, but customer service are stupid (=not properly trained). I was a Vodafone bill pay customer and contacted them a month before by contract end and asked if I need to do anything as I will move my number to An Post Mobile. They said no, all good. I kind of felt there's still something what may come up so I contacted Vodafone again a week after asking if my phone is locked etc., No no, all good.

And guess what. I got a Post Mobile sim, inserted 1 hour after the time a number was transferred, and found out my phone in fact is locked. I also can't transfer the number back to Vodafone as it's stuck with An Post Mobile. I couldn't also transfer because in order to do that I need to have a life network in the device from An Post Mobile (the network my number is will at the time).

I ended up buying a new Vodafone topup sim temporarily so I could have a network and my only choice was with a Vodafone as the device was locked. But this was another story. To get a new Vodafone sim wasn't easy indeed. Vodafone shop said order online, will take 3 days to deliver. I wanted to use my phone sooner, so I checked all local Spars, Centras, some petrol stations - no no no, back off. Ok, I then got home, when to vodafone website to order a sim and found out that to do that I need to provide them my bank card details even though thy don't charge anything (maybe to verify identity). Ok, entered, and found out that my bank texted (!) me a code I need to enter on the screen so I could finish this order. I obviously couldn't do this as my regular phone number was without a network. I couldn't also borrow another device from someone else at the time. So thankfully I had Revolut - they send a confirmation message not via text but as a popup on the same device via internet on the app which was ok as I used a wifi...

I then contacted Vodafone asking to unlock the device and they said it will take a around 3 weeks to get a code. It actually took less, around 2 weeks. I now happily use my usual phone number with An Post Mobile for more (!) then twice less.

I hope OP gets it sorted, but my experience says it will take time. Try not to stress out too much about this ;)

Advertisement