Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a meter...

Options
  • 30-07-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am thinking of having a Smart Meter installed and I have few questions... (1) How long about does it take from ordering a Smart Meter to having it installed. (2) About how long does the installation process take. (3) My existing meter is is inside my house. Will the Smart Meter replace it in the same location. (4) Am I correct in assuming that it is free to have installed. Thanks in advance, Ger Delaney.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ger,

Thank you for getting in touch.

ESB Networks oversee the deployment of all smart meters regardless of your supplier. There is no charge to get this meter installed as ESB Networks are looking to replace all electricity meters. See here for more information. They will write to you when they are installing in your local area.

You can make a request to be prioritised. Ultimately, this decision will depend on ESB Networks. If you're an Electric Ireland customer, you can call our colleagues on 1800 372 372 to request that Electric Ireland pass on your details or you can contact ESB Networks directly on 1800 372 757.

Any questions about a meter relocation or the time frame would need to be made to ESB Networks.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,

Aoife

Advertisement