If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema set up

Options
  • 30-07-2021 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

We have a living room with vaulted ceiling (meaning ceiling projectors don't really work) which we want to use for occasional movie nights.

I was thinking of the LG HU80KSW. What do you guys think of this one?

Was going to pair with electric screen - Sapphire SETTS200WSF-AW 92 Inch. (It would be coming down over windows with blackout blinds). I'm not sure if it justifies the premium over SEWS200RWSF-A 

Finally would you recommend a sound bar / sound set up - ideally Bluetooth that is compatible and keeps wires to minimum.

Thanks Richard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Richard571.

Thanks for getting in touch.

The LG HU80KSW is a fantastic projector and has been very popular. It produces a fantastic image and has the benefit of being portable and can be stored away when not in use.

i could squeeze it down to £1860 or 2175 Euro. it also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

The more expensive SETTS200WSF-AW is a tab tension screen which always keeps the screen flat and taut. This can have a big difference to the image. It also has a much higher quality fabric compared to the SEWS200.

Of course at over twice the price of the SEWS200RWSF-A  it can be hard to pull the trigger.

I don't have a lot of movement on the SETTS200 but could offer it at £940 or 1099 Euro. For the SEWS200 I could offer at £417 or 488 Euro.

For a soundbar I would recommend using an optical cable for connecting them together to ensure you get the quality of audio. With connecting via bluetooth you can come across lip sync issues and audio delays between the two products. Not always but it is something to be aware of.

For a soundbar I would recommend the LG SN7CY as it has all the connections you require and also has blue tooth on board so you can experiment connecting via blue tooth to see if you have any issues and also the optical connection should it be requied.

If you wanted something a bit more powerful you could check out the Yamaha YAS207 at 349 Euro which again has both optical and blue tooth connections as well as a separate wireless subwoofer (requires main power).

With these soundbars you can also connect via HDMI. Connect your source to the soundar via HDMI and then another HDMI to the projector. Although if you are looking to cut back on wires the Optical cable might be the neater option.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Thanks Kenny.

Projector and Screen look good and thanks for pricing.

I appreciate the comment on optical cable - the lip sync would be really annoying. To prevent a wire trailing from the projector to the wall with soundbar is there another more portable speaker option that could give good sound but could place closer to projector to prevent trailing wires and move easily when not in use?

Budget could be up towards €1k if needed.

Hi Richard571.

Thanks for coming back to me and sorry for the delay.

In theory you can placed right beside or behind the projector depending on where you actually plan to put it in your room.

Even for something smaller to avoid any possible Blue tooth issue you will still require at least one cable between the TV and soundbar

For something more compact you could check out something like the Raurk MRX coming in at 399 Euro - Great price as it is also priced at £399 sterling.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13394-ruark-mrx-soft-grey-wireless-music-system.aspx?swapstore=1

Think also still has bluetooth but uses a 3.5mm optical cable instead of a normal one. These optical cables are not something that we stock but can be easily got on Amazon for £10 - £15.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Hi All -

just belated update - I ended up buying from Richersounds an LGHu85ls, a Sonos arc and a ULtra short throw electric screen from vivid storm - this was c.6 months ago so belated update.

Great service, price and the set up is outstanding.

Hi Richard571.

Many thanks for the kind words :)

Glad you are enjoying the new setup.

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.