Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Athy 2021

Options
  • 31-07-2021 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys,

What is Athy like nowadays if you would to move from Dublin and buy/rent a house there. I seen some houses to buy/rent in Coney Meadows or generally Coneyboro and other areas. However as per 2021 and I guess some Co Kildare towns have been growing so what do you think of the town? Cons & Pros & Community? Future of the town? Does it worth it? Kids wise like activities, schools?

I know everyone would have different opinion and I am sure everywhere there are troubles but generally if you are experienced please share.

Thanks

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I moved to Athy a few years ago and I love it. There's plenty of sport for both adults and kids - regular gym, swimming, Tri-Athy club, canoeing/kayak, rugby, football, 5 a side, GAA, tennis, martial arts, Crossfit, dancing etc. We are kept very busy and have met lots of friends through activities. Schools seems pretty good.

Estates that I can say for sure that are nice - Cois Bhearu, Whitecastle Lawns, Earls Court, Tonlegee, Corran Ard, Ashville, Mansfield Grove, Gallow Hill. If you're commuting, then better to be on Dublin side of town. I think Coneyboro is grand towards the front, same with Rheban Manor.

I would highly suggest viewing the roads you're considering buying a house in to see what it's like. If it's not well kept, rubbish, dogs walking themselves, then steer clear. That goes for anywhere really.

There are some serious scobies in and around the town but we don't bother each other so all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bakubaku1

Hi Mink is property’s on Nelson Street by the canal any good looking for place now and only available is there thanks you for any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sorry only seeing this now. Personally I wouldn't recommend that area.

Advertisement