Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opel insignia issue

• 31-07-2021 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm just wondering can you help me ,I'm currently driving a 2016 1.6 opel insignia , I have the dreaded service vechicle soon on my dash ,my car has just be serviced, I took it to my main opel dealer who done a diagnostics which gave a code reading of U1516 B3622 U150F

,they said it must be a wiring fault,they had my car for a week but could not locate the issue,I noticed the stop start also hasnt worked in a while so thinking it might be connected i got a new battery again i had no joy , i also have taking it to an auto electrical technician and again he said he couldnt find a fault and that my engine was working 100%,I'm hoping you guys might have seen this issue before because I'm up in arms as to what's causing it , maybe it is a software issue or something , your help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Google searches show those as Battery, steering control and radio interface issues. Software is also mentioned. Did the dealer not investigate it further when they done the fault reading?

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

They’re an awful heap of a car, my brothers cdti 2.0 and two friends have them (2010-2011)

heart ❤️ and pocket breaker’s ,

both my brothers and one of my friend’s key case just fell apart, both have issues with some expensive boot sensors

both have air con compressor issues , plus numerous other electronic problems, won’t go into details ref dpf

feckin hell can Opel not make a reliable car atall ?

( had asconas and cavaliers and an omega in years past no issues)

opel / Vauxhall seems to have lost their way

DPF related problems you can solve easily, drive the car. Too many short distances and your DPF can not regenerate. If you like to drive every day like 2km school, 2km work, 2km shop, 2km home then that car does not last long time. Have a nice holiday every weekend somewhere far, far away.

Electronics problems are very related by short distances, not enough battery charging. It is not the shame to use several times every year the battery charger. Soon as battery voltages are constantly umber 12.4VDC it starts disintegrate the battery chemistry. Fully charged car battery should be 12.6DCV

Advertisement