Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borrowing without proof of income

• 01-08-2021 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have recently returned after working abroad for 5 years. I have a job secured which I will start in September.

I would like to borrow about 5,000 - 10,000 to purchase a modest car and get me back on the road here. Every car dealer and bank I have spoken to understandably say they require me to show proof of income, which is usually 3 paysllps. I have these from my previous job abroad but they are not acceptable.

So it looks like the earliest I will be eligible is December which will cause problems for commuting to my job, and could start a vicious negative circle.

So my question is this: is there any way to secure a modest loan for a car with no Irish proof of income? I can show a contact of emplyment, decent savings and could pay a cash deposit if it was a Hire Purchase deal.

All advice welcome, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why don't you just use your decent savings to buy a good-enough car for cash?

But before you do, have you got some quotes for what insurance will cost you?

You may want to consider a bicycle or the bus timetable instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Ask to be paid every 2 weeks?

Then you will get your 3 payslips much quicker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Nothing to do with them but there's a company called pay as you go auto. Gets a bit of stick here in boards because it's different but I believe its a very good scheme.

Rent a car when you need it, get the bus or buy a cheap run-around.

Advertisement