Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM cash logdement Aib error?

• 01-08-2021 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Tried to lodge some money about an hour ago into an aib atm machine and the machine took the money then it came up on the screen as an error(fault)

Got no receipt and no money was thrown back out. Nothing gone into my account either.

Bit of bad timing seen as how its a sunder evening with a bank holiday tomorrow. But does anyone know if this is a straight forward fix? or am I looking at waiting months here.

Tried ringing aib but theyre lines are closed due to covid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Presumably there'll be a recording of it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I hope so.

The machine count will be out.

But im wondering if it happened to anyone else here and how long does it take to rectify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There should be a video of you making the lodgement. There will be a record of you trying to lodge the cash at a particular time of the day. Machine will have extra cash matching the amount you lodged.

I wouldn't worry about it but I'd notify them ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The money will be segregated into a separate hopper and someone will sort it out when they open tomorrow. Your money has not disappeared into a black hole, if that's what you're worried about. Nobody in a call centre can do anything about it when the branch is closed so I wouldn't bother phoning anyone until late Tuesday morning.

Advertisement