Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a Hobby caravan

Options
  • 01-08-2021 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

So we borrowed a mates caravan two times now and really enjoyed it, going to take the plunge and yes I know the prices are crazy but it will be long term investment

seen a really nice Hobby 645 VIP on the last site we stayed at and seen one up for sale. Trouble is getting advice to stay away from them while at the same time getting advice they are the best caravans around and really space wise are the best. Just wondering what’s people view on them?

PS buying from a dealer and not in second hand market as I wouldn’t know a thing about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I have a hobby and it is a very comfortable caravan. It is a double axle and sometimes that can be awkward as you have to have a tow licence for double axle. I find the space great especially onsite when all kids friends are in and out. I have no problem booking into caravan places with it.

Is there any particular reason you have been told to keep away from them? NO idea why post doubling up apologies, can delete it and have tried editing but it affects both posts when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

I was warning because a certain community uses them a lot. Plus one guy going on about Windows getting robbed on-site

i don’t mind the size as I have the trailer license and pulled a lot bigger than them over my lifetime. The space is what I need

my wife is now all concerned in case we are seen as member of that community, etc

Thank you for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

We had a hobby 700 mh at one stage a good solid well built unit we never had a problem with it and enjoyed the space, I would think there use in some coumuitys is a pointer to there suitably for full-time living with there robust build, the only thing I would say... Ask yourself do you need all that space we soon realised we didn't there a big unit to be hauling about the place.

Advertisement