Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preamps and Personal Mini Amplifiers

• 02-08-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭

Can I use this little fella with my Takamine semi acoustic (eg530c) that has a preamp set into the body of the guitar and a socket at the base clearly designed as an amp outlet?

I have never used this (or any) guitar for amplification purposes and have no interest in playing loudly but would like to avail of the onboard electronics.

The Personal Mini Amplifier shown above will not clash with the preamp will it? It won't attempt to overide the guitar preamp will it?

Will I also need a set of headphones?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If there's an output jack, you should be able to use it. The preamp is designed to be used with an amplifier, which is why it's called a *pre*amp ;) I couldn't see what the output was on that little amp, but you'll need headphones since there's no speaker in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks. It's a small outlay;I'll suck it and see :)

Advertisement