Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500ish Budget Game Rig for Minecraft to teach 11YO how to build a rig

Options
  • 02-08-2021 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hey

I'm teaching my 11 year old daughter how to build a rig, what the components are and how to basic code.

She plays Minecraft primarily so the Rig doesn't have to be super high spec. Its been a while since I built a rig so any advice on suitable components would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Massive GPU shortage right now so you'd be looking at an APU system more than likely which could run Minecraft fine tbh. As long as you're ok with that people can put a list together based around an APU. If you're dead set on there being a dedicated GPU, you'll just have to wait out the shortage and wait for more budget offerings but that will take quite a while

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

OK appreciate it.

Might wait out the GPU and up the budget a little bit so that we can get more from the build if we need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think AMDs APUs are about to land soonish. Could build around one of those.

Advertisement