Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos deal on iPad Pro magic keyboards.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've registered for one as thinking of upgrading from the 11 inch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Great deal. I have one for my 11", it's a great piece of kit but massively overpriced in the first place. It works really well and iPad OS is great to use with a trackpad but I don't find myself using the keyboard particularly often as I have a MacBook already and end up just using that instead most of the time. That said I don't regret buying it.

I don't think the latest 13" pro will work with that keyboard though?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Yeah, I've taken a bit of a gamble on this. I have a 5th generation 2021 12.9 iPad Pro but a new magic keyboard for it is 400 euro. So I've bought a 4th generation keyboard. my iPad is a back up secondary device for travelling with work, which isn't happening much at the moment, so I can't really justify the extra 400 quid on something I'm not using a lot.

But . . . I had an 11inch iPad Pro last year and got the keyboard for that it was fantastic. So when this deal came along . . .

I've done a bit of reading online and it seems to be the case that there is virtually no difference between these - the 5th generation iPad Pro is fractionally thicker but anyone who's actually compared the fit online ( there are a few YouTube videos of people doing this) say it's really not noticeable.

So I guess I'll find out when this is delivered.

Here's a video on the topic:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

This deal is still going, crazy price, think I’m going to bite the bullet tomorrow and grab it

Just be prepared for a wait if you order this. A week later, I'm still waiting. It seems to be coming from the UK and the courier company is Fastway, which is, eh, not great. Will post when it gets here.

• Advertisement

Ah right, my nearest store is dundrum it says I have to reserve and collect in store?!

My new keyboard arrived just now and I’m typing this reply on it. It fits absolutely perfectly. There’s no way to tell this isn’t actually purpose built for this generation of iPad. Keyboard feels great to type on, this is a great deal. If you have a 12.7 inch iPad Pro, I’d snap it up.

How did you manage to get delivery? I can only seem to get store pick up?

It just came up as an option. I didn’t have to do anything special.

Strange, I was doing it on my phone and only getting the reserve option. I logged on on my iPad and got the delivery option.

so I went forward the delivery, did everything, clicked on purchase and the site seemed to crash. However the funds are now pending in my account so I don’t have access to them… bloody nuisance.

ive gone on and reserved one for store pickup, hopefully that works out ha

• Advertisement

Just bought one in store, absolute bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Looks great. Health to enjoy😀 Pity the same deal is not available for the 11 inch version😩

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have one of these for a while, anyone who's on the fence thinking about getting one, just do it at this price, you won't regret it!

Yeah, I've had mine for a week or so now, and the fit seems pretty much perfect to me. It turns your iPad into an entirely different machine, while preserving what it was before. You can detach the keyboard and have just a normal iPad, but add it and you're very close to a MacBook, albeit with a hamstrung OS.

I'm also running the iPadOS 15 beta, and the new multitasking facilities - which basically just make it much easier to run multiple apps and move around between them more easily, makes it more possible to work on this device.

One major flaw is the ability to use it properly with a monitor, was hoping this would be resolved in iOS15.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ordered to collect twice. Wasn’t able to get up for the first one. Got up in time for second one but never arrived.

ordered to be delivered home and due this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Interesting. There must be a lot of excess stock to clear. Apple typically doesn't discount things much, so maybe this is the way its getting rid of older stock - allowing Argos and Littlewoods to shift it at half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It looks like a deliberate ploy from Apple at this stage so that the iPad doesn't step on MacOS's toes, there are a few small updates they could easily make to the OS that would hugely improve the iPad as a laptop replacement. A real shame they've gone down that route but not hugely surprising.

Advertisement