Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any free all in wonder software to convert MKV > MP4, TS > MP4 & reduce file size/quality of MP4s?

Options
  • 02-08-2021 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm just looking for something on Windows that will do all the above in the one piece of software if possible. I see there's free online converters but they seem to be limited by file size etc and I'd rather not download a different program for each job if there's one that can do them all :)

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How willing are you to do complicated command line work?

ffmpeg is the backend programme used for absolutely every one of those sites and pay for programmes; and its entirely free - but its a command line app.

Handbrake can do some of what you want also, again using ffmpeg. It should still be free and not dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Saw XMediaRecode suggested on another site, trying it now and it seems like what I was after. Lightweight and simple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply, I had heard of ffmpeg, but not very comfortable with command line, Xmedia is working great for now anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I find VLC Media Player decent for basic conversion tasks.

Advertisement