Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What nutritional change has made the most difference to you?

Options
  • 03-08-2021 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

It can be quitting dairy, caffeine or carbs. It can be anything you want - eating fish daily, becoming vegan, whatever you fancy. What specific nutritional change reaped the most stark results for you?

Would love to hear your anecdotal results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Removing food cooked/fried in vegetable/sunflower/palm oils improved my inflammatory markers and overall well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Starting the keto lifestyle for me. Total removal of sugars, carbs (only consuming those from veg) and 90% of alcohols (depending on how "clean" you want to run keto). You really don't realise what crap you are putting in your body until you remove those key foodstuffs and then feel and see the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

When I stopped worrying about what I eat :)

Now I just eat whatever i want when im hungry.

Dont like coffee or fizzy drinks though so no problem avoiding them to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I stopped drinking milk (still eat cheese so not totally dairy free) and it got rid of the constant catarrh (runny nose) I've had for years. I don't drink tea or coffee so I used to have a mug of milk with my breakfast before giving it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

When I stopped trying to cut out foods, and food groups, I actually like and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Cutting out sugars and starchy wheat based foods and doing intermittent fasting for 2 36 hour periods a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The intermittent fasting part seems extreme but glad it works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Cill94

When I stopped listening to internet 'experts'.

Stopped keeping chocolate in the house which reduced binge eating by at least 90%.

Also learning to cook. 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

I use to help with weight loss and find it helps alot and when I'm at the right weight cut it back to maybe once a week or one meal a day

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

For me it was really just cutting out shite, replacing it with healthy food and a bit of portion control. That combined with exercise has seen me in good stead for a few years now. I'm not a big drinker so that has never really been an issue.

Weight isn't always where I would like it to be - I tend to put on a couple of kgs over the winter as I'm somewhat less inclined to exercise, but I usually lose it again within a couple of months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement