Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna 420 automower battery

Options
  • 03-08-2021 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Husqvarna 420 automower has started to only cut for about 55 minutes at a time. Not sure what it used to actually cut for but I know it was much longer than this.

I'm assuming it's a battery problem as the mower is in its 4th season. It has gone through over 3000 charging cycles

It's a 2017 420 model.

Can anyone suggest a replacement battery or where to buy, either spurious or Husqvarna. Is it possible to upgrade the battery size also or better to stick with what's in it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Are you 100% sure it's the battery, and not a wheel motor.

The reason i ask this, my 2019 430x was running on reduced hours recently, and then subsequently started to complain about one of the wheel motor's overheating. which in turn was related to the well know grease to concrete issue.

After some minor surgery ( its out of warranty) and some new grease my run rate was back at 2 hours+ per cut..... My power adapter however did give up a few days after this but it's not related.. more of an annoyance.

If you think it's 100% the battery you could google the part number "580 68 33-01" and try and source an aftermarket part. Strange GPLshop dont seem to have any in stock, maybe drop them an e-mail to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Thanks for that. Worth a look at the motor scenario.

How did you come to diagnose the wheel motor problem

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Apologies should have pointed that out! .

Pop open the cover, enter your pin, then lift the rear end, the back wheel should rotate somewhat freely, you'll expect to feel some resistance, but nothing excessive.

if there's a difference between then, it might be worth taking off the wheel, then extracting the motor, and splitting apart the gearbox from the motor, cleaning it out, regreasing it, and reassembling it.

Also for comparison sake, my 430x has just over 2000 charge cycles,

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Thanks for that.

I'll give it a go

Advertisement