Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky One being replaced

Options
  • 03-08-2021 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I see Sky are replacing Sky One with Sky Showcase, which already exists. Is this the first time they have got rid of a stations, they are usually adding them. Can't see it being much of a loss.

Comments

I imagine SKY regard "Sky One" not really having much dedicated fan loyalty base and it wasn't designed as such.

The format and model of such channel is more to serve as a taster and advertising platform of better materials on premium sky channels and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sky 1 and Sky replay (formally sky 2) are being renamed as Sky Showcase and Sky Max. I don't think Showcase currently exists?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not, there’s no Sky Showcase channel at the moment (there is Sky Sports Main Event which is kind of the same idea but for sports. Back in the 1990s there was a programme called Sky Movies Showcase which was basically three hours of trailers).

Nothing is being closed completely. What is effectively happening is that Sky One and Sky Replay are being replaced with Sky Showcase and Sky Max.

Sky Max (on Sky Replay’s current channel) is the direct replacement for Sky One, but with comedy programmes moving over to Sky Comedy.

Sky Showcase (on Sky One’s current channel) is a bit of a “mix and match” of all the other Sky entertainment/factual channels, other than Atlantic, with some sports and movies thrown in and for good measure it’s where the Simpsons will live (though their days on Sky are probably now numbered).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I think NHK,disappeared,pity if so,Scienceview was very up to date.On the net of course.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Still on Channel 507 here - might be a issue at your end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Thanks Mike,found again,can't remember if it was always thus,or just finger trouble this end.When CNN moved frequently and there was that dish alignment debacle, was the last time I encountered it, science vievi, back viewing!

Advertisement