Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT Alarm Ex Phonewatch

Options
  • 04-08-2021 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have a Simon XT Alarm which has a GSM Module and was installed and monitored by Phonewatch.

I have canceled my monitoring contract and want to program the alarm to call my mobile instead of the Phonewatch monitoring station.

I believe I have the engineers code but don't know the steps I need to take to delete the existing phone number & replace it with my mobile number & change the reporting method so it can be self monitored.

I imagine I will need to open the box and replace the phonewatch SIM in the GSM module with a new one before I change any settings?

Is there anyone here with the ability to do this that would be willing to talk me through the steps?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

First thing to do is check engineer code you have works, You can also request this code with a waiver form off P.W.

If you download the engineer manual then this will also help with the different menus.

Sim cards lock will need to be turned off.

Alarm will need to be down powered, battery and mains before putting in new sim, id advise setting up the phone side of it before doing the sim change.

Advertisement