Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W211 Facelift E-Class

• 04-08-2021 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a C350e which I really like, and which suits the commute to and from work. My fuel economy is doing very well, and the car can be a lot of fun to drive if I want it to be.

That said, I'm at a stage where I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to the car loan. Used prices for the c350e are going up too, which is interesting.

My Dad had a 2004 E class which had its electrical problems, but it was a solid car so there is some sentimentality clouding my judgement, or at least memories of a comfortable car that was mechanically reliable. I find myself drawn to, the facelifted 2008 or 2009 versions. Even going so far as looking at the E280 or E320 CDI, albeit rare nowadays. High Peak Autos on YouTube is partly to blame!

Am I mad? I have the cost of hybrid battery repair or replacement on my mind, and getting a decent old eclass and spending a bit on essential maintenence and just running it until diesels are banned sounds attractive to me.

I've read that the c350e uses a battery technology which is longer lasting, so the degradation is not going to be significant. In the two years I've had the car, I've seen no reduction in range or average economy. I know the battery is small but I'm nearly doubling the fuel economy of my B8 A4 TDI. I'm quite happy with the car.

That said, simpler motoring is appealing to me recently. I'm sure lots of us have had this experience!

Advertisement