Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Eir Network - Issues with External Insulation.

Options
  • 04-08-2021 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had signed up with Vodafone to get the standard broadband line. An engineer from KN networks came out today and then said he couldn't connect my house up because the neighbours had got external insulation to their house, which seemed to be the main connection point (?), and he couldn't run a cable from it because the insulation had covered it up. They're at the far end of the row of houses.

Is it worth checking with Open Eir if they can provide an alternative access point? Or am I better sticking with Virgin (I had wanted to switch for a year so I could go back to them but seems I'll have to go back earlier than I wanted)

Advertisement