Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks view of gap in employment - Career break

Options
  • 05-08-2021 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hoping this is the correct section to post in and apologies if not.

Like many, I am fed up with this pandemic and working from home. I am contemplating taking a career break (resigning voluntarily) and taking a few months out to recharge - likely 2-3 months.

I am currently renting, single, early 30’s working in tech sector in a well paid senior role (lucky me!) The bank have been supportive with mortgage approvals in the past and I have got many exceptions due to a steady increase in earnings over time.

I have been offered a new role in a different company starting January 1st 2022. Ideally I would like to resign in September and possibly travel for a months to recharge the batteries.

Equally conscious of how the bank may view this as I do intend on going back on the market next year for my first home.

Would be great to get some feedback, thoughts, suggestions on this

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Once you've passed any probation period in the new Job & have a min of 6 months+ payslips, it won't be an issue.

Only if you were trying in early 2022 would it be an issue.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Advertisement