Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unacceptable hold times for business support phone lines

Options
  • 05-08-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

My wife and I have been trying to contact BoI for more than a week now, with no success.

As I type, I have been holding for more than 1 hour, having to listen to a very annoying message stating that someone will be with me "shortly".

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

If BoI is experiencing an increased call volume, then they must put more staff to man the support phone lines. Is it too much asked to indicate how big the wait queue is, and what position you're in?

I have no idea how to approach the bank now, as my closest branch explained that I need to contact the help line.

Post edited by ikoonman on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel this way.

At the moment our Business Online Team has been experiencing very high call volumes. Please be assured that one of my colleagues will take your call as soon as they can an would be happy to assist you further with your query.

You can also email the team at Business.Online@boi.com.

I hope this helps. If you've any further queries please feel free to get back to us here and we'll certainly do our best to help.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Well, I gave up after holding for 1hr 45min. Is there a way to request a ring back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to me.

As the team are experiencing high call volumes we're unable to arrange any call back requests here.

My colleagues are working hard to get through these calls as best as they can, please be assured an advisor will take your call as soon as they can.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement