Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo Issue

Options
  • 05-08-2021 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Could someone advise me on a garden issue that is causing me anxiety at the moment...

I have bamboo growing in my garden as a result of it spreading from a neighbours garden. I approached my neighbours 6/8 weeks ago on the issue and they said they have removed the bamboo but the growth is still on my side.

I've now approached a landscaper who is coming to inspect my garden and how to deal with it .....

QUESTION - Should my neighbour cover the cost of this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

Bottom line, I would say no.

A thread with the same problem here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057940683/neighbours-bamboo-spreading-under-adjoining-fence

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If they have removed the bamboo from their side then you are completely safe to treat it with weedkiller. Probably better to dig up the root though - they are solid but not all that deep - then treat stray shoots that come up next year. If you go the weedkiller route now you need to apply it - glyphosphate - now while the growth is vigorous so that it goes back into the roots.

Advertisement