Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have ADSL- yet no provider can see or test it!

Options
  • 05-08-2021 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help, please?

Last year I was with Sky for my bb, phone and TV, run straight from the eircom landline.

I then switched 'phone & bb to Eir, and in fairness everything has been hunky dory, however I'm nearing the end of my contract and so have decided to look elsewhere. This is where the problem lies.

When I punch my eircode into any of the switching agents ie bonkers, choosy etc I'm getting responses from almost all stating that no services are available at this address. When I test it on others and manage to go through the routine of filling in all of the details, I'm getting emails and calls the following morning stating that my order could not be completed as no fibres, part fibre or service of any kind is available. Despite me currently sitting here with bb connected and having just completed another speed test showing speeds of approx 28 to 30 and having an active landline also.

To date, I have two different UANs from Eir for both 'phone and bb. I have an 8881- service number for bb, I have received my Ard ID number, but still, no services appear to be active.

I have been onto Eir via 'phone, chat, Twitter, and Tech support over the last 4 days and to date, no one can explain what is going on.

I have been onto VF, VM, Sky etc and still receive the same answer and I went into a b&m VF shop and their equipment showed no services at this address. In fairness to the lad he has taken photocopies of all my details etc and has passed it onto VF tech support, but to date, I have heard nothing positive.

Apologies for the long post, but can anyone assist me with this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Comreg? Maybe worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Got sorted in the end. Some cock up by Open Eir which has been rectified.

Advertisement