Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed broadband from Eir to Sky and have a eircom email address - Mail Server Settings Q

Options
  • 05-08-2021 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi

The folks have an eircom email address and have had for donkeys of years (I have not got around to moving them to gmail or something else and am paying the monthly charge for an eircom webmail/email address).

Anyway, they access their emails via outlook on a house computer except for when abroad they will access via webmail.

Over the years we have swapped between Eir & Sky for broadband. I remember around 6/7 years ago possibly when we first moved to Sky Broadband, I had to set-up a Sky Yahoo email address and change the settings to include the parents eircom email address on the Sky account - something to do with servers etc.

Anwyay, in the last 2 days they have changed to Sky again for broadband from Eir.

Currently their incoming mail server is webmail.eircom.net & outgoing mail server is mail1.eircom.net & the logon information being their eircom email address and the password being the same password they access their eircom webmail on.

Despite now moving to Sky they still seem to be receving emails despite the eircom incoming & outgoing mail server settings.

Is this likely to shortly stop them receiving emails and should either the incoming or outgoing server be something Sky related?

Thanks

Advertisement