Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a pension contribution for FY 2020

• 06-08-2021 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi.

I filled out my P20 balancing statement on ROS.ie earlier in the year and the balancing statement said I owed them €0.20.

Much to my surpise this week, I got a letter in the post with a cheque from taxback.ie with a cheque for for €150. :)

I currently contribute 20% to my pension and me employer contributes 10%.

I receive a 20% shift bonus on top of my base salary, this isn't going into my pension code and my employer doesn't consider the shift bonus as part of their 10% employer contribution.

I have been missing out on contributing 20% of my 20% shift allowance if that makes sense, ie I could've been contributing a further 4%.

I have 2 questions:

(Q1) Is there any too or resource anywhere I can find out if I have used my full pension allowance entitlement and if not, how much more I could contribute with tax relief?

(Q2) How do I go about making a retrospective contribution for last year? Post a cheque to revenue? How will I receive this retrospective allowance? Refund in the following pay slip or wait till next year?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you filled out the balancing statement on ros.ie yourself, what service did that taxback crowd deliver?

I'm puzzled as to why you were surprised when they sent you a cheque. Surely you had engaged with them earlier and they told you that there was a refund on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

Because I filled it out wrong ???????? I had some medical receipts and other expenses that I didn't know how to upload.

I'm not surprised at the amount that they sent me I was surprised that they sent me a refund at all. I was expecting nothing and I forgot that I had engaged in their services.

Jesus. Now go away.

Advertisement