Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Online, Never Received, Website Down. Any Comeback?

Options
  • 06-08-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought stuff on a website called qigoraugust.com, the value was less than €50. They said it might take up to 15 working days to deliver. Well it's been about 6 weeks now, still nothing. I never received an email to confirm the purchase, and the website no longer works. I made the purchase using a Bank of Ireland debit card. Do I have any hope of getting my money back from anyone or is it gone? Tbh I'm also fairly worried because I gave them my card details too. Thanks

Comments

Just do a chargeback with your card company. Include all the emails and confirmation of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭mikefoxo

Thanks for responding. What do you mean by "emails and confirmation of purchase"? They never sent me an email to confirm my purchase and I'm unable to email them because their website no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Did you not look at the name and think that's a really stupid name and do a cursory check on it?

From what I can find, it showed car parts on the site.

Nothing, absolutely nothing whatsoever would suggest it's a name for a carparts site.

I'd be cancelling the card immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Two minutes and I find a replica scam site

please do not buy from this site - it is a SCAM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If your card was charged you can still do a chargeback.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/assets/Credit-Card-Dispute-Form.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjN6aOsvLbyAhXFiVwKHX5zD1cQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2IBqzw7BKgRcW8he6OtFs8

You'll need to include a cover letter, try emailing info@ the companies address, that will bounce back. Print that as proof you tried to contact them.

Print out the web page saying page not found with the website address.

Call BOI and cancel your current card, you never know when they will try to use it again.

Finally, always check websites before buying. A green padlock on any payment page is a must, the contact us page is also a good start. If there is no physical address, steer clear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement