Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance

Options
  • 06-08-2021 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Is it necessary to purchase Travel Insurance if traveling in the eu with a European Health Insurance Card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

It's not necessary but recommended. EHIC only covers you for medical treatment if you become ill or have an accident.

General Travel Insurance would cover flight delays, loss of passport etc. For the relatively low price of travel insurance, I would certainly never travel without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

It's not necessary to have travel insurance for travel to most countries as a tourist.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Does anyone please know if there is a trusted travel insurance comparison website for travelers over 75 with basic pre–existing conditions? I have tried in vain to find any recommendations. All I see are just lots of travel insurers advertising theirs as being the best etc etc. I just don‘t want to find myself paying more than necessary, as it is expensive as it is.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can offer a trusted, educated opinion on that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Sorry I don't, but what I can tell you is that you should read the terms and conditions very carefully as many will exclude the cost of repatriating a body for the over 70s and that is a very expensive thing.

Advertisement