Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card renewal - car hire problem

Options
  • 06-08-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI.

Whats your policy on credit card renewal time frames?

My card is due to be renewed end of next month am Ive just had a credit card deposit retention refused by a car hire company due to a requirement that the card be 6 months valid. As a result I've been charges a huge chunk of change that I've been advised I should claim from my insurance... as you can imagine I'm incredibly upset here. I realise I'm at fault for not reading the small print on the rental doc... but still..

I've never had this issue before so don't recall what's normal here. Has it always been like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good morning,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

For the best help with your query, I would recommend contacting our Credit Card Services Team on 1890251251. Alternatively, please log into the 365 app, select services and then send us a message option. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For security reasons, we don't have account access here.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

that fine. it turns out its usually 2 weeks before it expires. the 6 month car hire thing is a scam to upsell insurance because no credit card supplier seems to renew their cards 6 months in advance.

Advertisement