Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to see and do in cork.

Options
  • 06-08-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Evening all, we (2+2 kids) are staying in cork city for 5 days in two weeks time.

We are planning on going to fota island on one of the days and spike island another, other than that I'm out of knowledge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This is very good

the Gaol if its open.

the Marina market is a good choice for a lunch visit

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

old womens gaol...

cork harbour boat tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

What age are the kids?

If they are playground age, Fitzgerald’s park is great!

Slightly further out is Ballincollig regional park, good walks here by the river

If they are 10+ I would highly recommend Zipit , this needs to be booked in advance. Loads of fun climbing through trees, great for grown ups too. (Bring 5 euro in change for the coin car park)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

Titanic experience in Cobh is good.

You can get the harbour tours from there too.

Also, you can get the train from the city to Fota, my children used to enjoy the train as much as the park!

Not child suitable, but for your next trip, Midleton Distillery tour is fab.

Cork butter museum is a gorgeous little place , one of my favourite museums.

The Crawford Gallery has some interesting things at the moment, there’s a cat skeleton on the second floor for example. Museum is free and there is a lovely cafe there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement