Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Championship 2021 Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Benefit of hindsight and all that, but Jantjies really shouldn't have taken that drop goal. There were just 5 minutes left on the clock. South Africa had penalty advantage and should've taken the penalty and wasted time on the kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Vermeulen is a good player!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

GIVE IT TO THE HONEY MONSTER

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

I haven't seen the ABs pushed around like this since the last world cup!

Let Duane take it

I hate seeing this Boks team win, but this was a cracking match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Fantastic game to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

Springboks the better side. A classic game!

Yes I think they were today. Monster pack performance and some great exploits out wide.

Glad the right team won it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That was the best game of rugby I have watched in a looooooong while. Obviously not the right result for me, but SA were good value for their win. NZ really need to find some better front row forwards IMO, definitely the weakest area of the team. We see how we fare vs you guys in roughly 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

IMHO referee was poor. Far too pernickedty and stopped game flowing by constantly penalising both teams for offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ersatz

One of my SA pals was observing that NZ really do want to play league, they like front rowers who are more like sprinters than traditional props. Speed and skills over power. They want to keep the ball moving and everyone on the field is looking to pass or to turn it over. Scrummaging and even lineouts are necessary evils but getting the all moving is their game. And it works the vast majority of the time.

Kolisi was immense again yesterday. Always dominates in the collisions.

Great player. Even better man. Some life story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

South Africans have been saying that for 20 years. I had mates claim that NZ wanted mauls removed from the game. It's a load of rubbish spouted by Bok fans because all they had were big lumps with no skill. NZ has a quality lineout, they just came up against a better one on Saturday. As for the props, I think they are still looking for the quality of the Franks brothers, Woodcock and Faumuina. None of the guys they have at the moment are at that level.

There is an expectation in NZ that everyone should be comfortable on the ball. At the moment their props are good at that part of the game but need to be better in their core duties. I'd say the same for the young hookers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Heads up that of you sign up today for a tenner a month you get BT Sport for all the games through until 22 January (all the pool games).

Advertisement