Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with SCA one time codes

Options
  • 07-08-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I went to make an on-line purchase and was routed to the SCA pop-up. it said it was going to send a one time code to the registered number (last digits correct but first digit showing as "3"). No SMS turned up and netiehr did a push message vis the App. I tried both a visa debit card and a mastercard credit card both with the same issue. Any thoughts to add insult to injury there is no card support line a Saturday in Ireland but there is in the UK and I had to register on boards.ie to make this query

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi - just a thought ........ is the device registered as your primary device? If you have registered on more than one device the notification will go to your primary device only.

Post edited by 1dave123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kieran.m

only one device registered - on my profile its down as 08X... but the SCA pop-up shows leading digit 3 which woudl be correct if +353 08X was used but the message wouldn't send if BoI dropped the "+"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

If you're not receiving the one time passcode text from Verified by Visa for this purchase then I'd advise contacting the team directly on 0818200370/ 00353 1 250 0370 (from abroad) and one of my colleagues can check this for you further.

In relation to not receiving the SCA push notifications from your credit card please ensure that you have enabled push notifications on your device. Alternatively you can contact our credit card team on 0818251251/ 0035314044000 (from abroad) and one of my colleagues can look into this for you and offer further guidance.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kieran.m

Hi Eve,

I'm now on hold for my third separate call to the card support number this morning (in fairness the hold times have been reasonably short so far) the previous two attempts to sort this out were unsuccessful

K

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

I had the same problem. While trying to log into my BoI account, it sent me a one time code.....but for the life of me, I could not find it. After 3 unsuccessfull attempts,the I was blocked, and it took quite awhile tooing and frooing between the help line and the BoI local office to get it restored. Where exactly does it send the code to? My Email address? Messages? BoI App? Notifications? Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here.

This notification should be sent to your app. You should be able to find it by opening your mobile app and under the log in you should see the option 'Waiting for your approval' and there you should be able to swipe for online login.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement