Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zigbee and bridge/hub

Options
  • 07-08-2021 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just want to dip my toes into home automation, so motion sensor and smart switch for the moment. I would intend to use Home Assistant, and want a system that works offline and doesnt require any propriety app etc - i.e I want full ownership everything local and for it to work regardless of whatever a company does in the future.

From what I read, Zigbee seems to be the way to go ? And I need to a hub or bridge to start off and expand ? Can anyone recommend a hub/bridge that fits my requirements ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭sundodger5

May i suggest you look at zigbee2mqtt.

Can use many zigbee brands in one controller device.

Should work with home assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

You could get a usb conbee II dongle and plug it into the rpi running home assistant and set up a zigbee network that way. I have done this and control various zigbee devices this way.

Advertisement