Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin gpsmap 550s - Shannon navigation charts

• 08-08-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

I just bought a new (to me) boat which came with an older garmin gpsmap, model 550s

Does anyone know where you can get charts for the river Shannon for the older models?

It currently only has charts for lough swilly installed.

Ideally I'd like to have charts for lough ree and derg available.

I have a free trial of navionics installed on my phone which works great, was thinking about getting the paid version, bit would prefer to have a dedicated GPS rather than rely on.my phone.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Marine parts direct did sell them might be worth a call to see if they have one on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Thanks Fergal did they sell an sd card with the charts loaded onto them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Yep it was on a SD card I bought one a few years ago it can't of been too long as they were in the shop where they are now and not the older one in Swords town, also it might be worth ringing Garmin UK support https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/company/contact/

Advertisement