Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport links between Letterkenny and Derry (Limavady) Stendhal Festival.

• 09-08-2021 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭

Now I've already posted in the Donegal thread, but can anyone help here, I'm getting the Feda bus from Galway to Letterkenny, I figure its only 40 odd kilometres from there to Limavady. I'm just trying to figure how to get to Limavady from Letterkenny. Anybody know some good transport links that don't take half the day like the silly Bus Eireann service, or would I as well be just getting a cab although that could be pricey. Thanks for any info if you can help.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I'm not living in Derry any more, so don't know the details of bus services, but wouldn't it be easier to go from Galway to Derry and then to Limavady from Derry? Is Feda that much better? (I remember he used to be a lot cheaper than CIE but if you have to get from Letterkenny to Derry first and then to Limavady I think you'll find any advantage is gone)

Here's the Derry to Limavady bus timetable:

And here's BusEireann Bus No 64 from Galway to Derry (goes through Letterkenny so you could possibly, depending on times) get the Feda O'Donnell bus to Letterkenny and then a Letterkenny to Derry one, but they might not link up that well.

(The Ulsterbus Depot in Foyle Street is where the two lines link up in Derry)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Feda bus though is 2 hours less, like Citylink or Gobus, its faster than state service ones anyway. A friend got in touch in Facebook, I can get Feda on Thursday morning which leaves a 50 minute window for the BE bus to Derry and then an Ulsterbus to Limavady. Its a long journey but less I think through Feda. Thanks though for the info and replying.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yes cos it was almost direct, very few stop offs as I recall. Even coming back to Derry, when I was a university in Dublin, it was often quicker for me to go to Letterkenny and get picked up there than to take the regular CIE/Ulsterbus line.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Are these posts showing up in mixed order and sometimes repeated, or is that an artefact of some sort? I can't make head or tail of the thread!

Edit: seems to have sorted itself out now. Anyway good luck with your journey, and have a great time at the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thewellcc1

became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.

https://www.thewellcontent.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement