Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible IAA scam

Options
  • 09-08-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭

“Dear Mr/Ms 

You have received this email to notify you that an account was created for you in the EAMR by your licensing authority.

To complete the registration process please complete the following steps:

Step 1: Click on the invitation link below:

Click here to redeem your invitation

Or you can copy the following URL and paste it into your web browser:

https://euaviation.powerappsportals.com/Register?invitation=W4-6t2eqpjRg1fImnD7-2VgtQW1P9O9jSzFecgByibrw-RPvvehSIKqMWX3AKWNDaY3ae

Step 2: Complete the registration process

Please follow the instructions on the portal to complete your registration.

Need help?

If you require assistance or you believe you received this email in error, please contact your licensing authority using the contact details below and quote the following reference number: IE-000

For further assistance, please contact your licensing authority using the contact details below:

Irish Aviation Authority 

11-12 D'Olier Street 

2 - Dublin 

+353 1 6718655 

info@iaa.ie 

The EAMR Team”…….

To me, this is a scam, but as I don’t have any financial dealings with the IAA, I don’t understand their goal. Anyone else getting these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Lots of Aer Lingus pilots got it today aswell. The IAA say it's nothing to do with them. The EAMR is a thing alright that was only recently launched by EASA, so nobody seems to know for certain if it's a scam or not, but the advice seems to be delete it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cpxxc

Apparently it's legit. I got the same email. It's to do with the medicals. I think class 1's. Apparently they want to be able to cross reference medicals in case someone is a nutter who wants to fly their Airbus into a mountain.

I ignored it, not least because my medical is long expired and I have no desire to renew it or waste any more of my life flying aeroplanes.

Advertisement