Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Boobs / Gynaecomastia

Options
  • 09-08-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Have been plagued by the dreaded 'male boobs' for over 20 years. Really want to get something done about it. Does anyone have any experience with operations such as the Vaser procedure offered up in Dundrum, and if you were happy with the experience?

Also I saw some comments that it can perhaps be covered by some Insurances if referred to by your GP. Anyone have more info on that would be really welcome.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I think your first stop is your GP to find out what's causing it... Hormones, overweight, low testosterone,etc.

Depending on the cause, he can make a referral and depending on the cause, it may be covered by your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Do you drink a lot of milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I think the cows milk thing is a red herring in Ireland. That answer that google spits out is due to the levels of hormones that US farmers are permitted to inject into their cattle, which is absolutely not the case here. It’s primarily driven by long term hormonal imbalances, and if severe enough surgery is the main option. That being said, as someone who has had a mild to moderate case since I was a teenager, keeping my weight well controlled, being smart with what clothes I wear and generally giving less of a **** about what people think of what my body looks like mean that now in my late 30s they literally haven’t crossed my mind in years.

That being said, I do realise that everyone is different and there were times when I wished I could have gotten surgery or found a solution so definitely chat to your GP to have it looked at and assess your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Better question would be "do you drink a lot of beer"

Advertisement