Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a puppy

• 10-08-2021 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi has anyone ever imported a puppy from Poland. How did you do it and was it complicated. Any information would be grateful.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

its risky buying a pup here in ireland so i am sure importing one from another country must also come with the same if not more risks and eastern europe diseases that perhaps we may not have here yet. You can adopt romanian dogs from rescues in south Dublin if you want a dog with a different language !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Can you enlighten us on these diseases native to Eastern Europe?

Rabies

🙄 Rabies is world wide and not isolated to Eastern Europe ..

there are no rabies in ireland therefore importing a pup has an element of risk plus you are paying for the suffering on puppy farms in worse places, so its probably worse than here and here is pretty bad. There are so many dogs in rescues and really good pedigree dogs too. All being dumped now that the great gerbil wheel of forced labour, the work place has begun to normalize. While at the vets last week there was a man with bernese puppies i asked him if they were sold he said no, the boom is gone he said he has 6 puppies now and none sold. There is no real need to import a puppy at all to be honest.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept - generalise much? You’ve no idea who the OP is importing the pup from.. any dog coming into Ireland must be vaccinated against rabies anyways and lastly - if somebody wants to buy a pup they are entitled to do so - without being guilt tripped about puppy farms.

My own pup was booked before the dog was even mated, I waited a year from him and chose the breeder carefully - he also sussed me out.. so there is no puppy farm in the equation.

OP I’d maybe get in touch with one of the pet transport companies - they’d have an idea of what’s involved regarding paperwork, pet passport etc. IIRC they need a rabies vaccine and worming

Post edited by tk123 on

Jaysis, you would think there are more than enough dogs in Ireland!

Advertisement