Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best pet insurance

• 10-08-2021 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, we're looking to get our cats insured, all three turned up on on doorstep. They are microchipped and neutered now, only one is vaccinated, he's still a kitten. Can anyone recommend a decent pet insurer? Only asking because we were caught with a broken leg for the little fella which wasn't cheap.. The alternative is to just save a bit every week in the hope we don't get caught again for a while!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,611 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Blue Insurance were lowest cost option when I looked, and did pay out claims, if a bit slowly at first.

They don't pre authorise procedures, so you have to go ahead and pay yourself up front and then claim it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Allianz all the way. The renewal might go up €10/20 at most each year - some years mine stayed the same. Be careful of others who may be low the first year and then dramatically increase the price at renewal time - you can’t change to a different provider eg like you can with a car etc.

I’ve had a LOT of claims and never any issues. Our vet also does direct claim too so you’re just paying the excess and they claim the rest.

Some referral/emergency hospitals will expect you to pay up front so this is something to be mindful of(!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭sdp

As tk123 said, Allianz has been great for me as well. No bother with two difference claims,(direct claims by Vets) both for Alby. would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

One thing with Allianz just with covid and I assume they’re WFH - the turnaround time is a lot longer than it used to be. I had to pay cash for Baileys emergency surgery 8 weeks ago and no sign of a refund yet - this is why i mentioned having access funds out of hours (it’s always out of hours when something happens lol!!) if needed.

If you’re saving/putting money aside instead factor in how quickly it’ll take you to build it back up if you’re paying thousands out in a short space of time. When Lucy was sick her bills quickly built up thousands and I had only paid the initial €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stevo180

Thanks for the replies folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement