Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Waterford

Options
  • 11-08-2021 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

EDIT: Apologies all - I see there is a thread on this from last month - I was on holidays - still good news but please feel free to ignore...

Didn't see it discussed outside the Seamus Power thread but the members have succeeded in buying West Waterford - great news, I hope they make a go of it...

From their website

"

We always knew it would be hard to top last weekend with Seamus Power visiting as a PGA Tour winner. This weekend just past, members were dancing on the fairways as they congratulated each other on the news that that we had purchased the club. It was business as usual with a record entry for our 3 person waltz and open singles competitions over the weekend. Great credit goes to our finance committee who put weeks of hard work into raising the funds from members and other investors. It will take some time to sort out the legalities but business at West Waterford will continue uninterrupted in the meantime

"

An Examiner link:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

Fair play to them. I assume now it becomes a members club. Are there any examples in recent years of members clubs being founded? There are loads of them around the country, but anytime I heard of a new club it's some investor. Is it just something that's not done anymore?

Actually, is Hollywood lakes one?

Advertisement